Smallest gravitational valve for the treatment of pediatric hydrocephalus
The paediGAV Valve is the world's first and only gravitational valve specifically developed for the treatment of hydrocephalus in children. The paediGAV Valve combines the advantages of the tried and tested ball-in-cone valve with the advantages of a gravitational unit in one very slim, streamlined deisgn. With the paediGAV Valve, even the tiniest patients can receive the benefits of a gravitational valve.
Features and Benefits:
- Unique gravitational technology provides increased resistance as patient moves upright, greatly reducing or eliminating overdrainage.
- Enables the surgeon to use different opening pressures for the supine and standing positions, managing overdrainage complications and patient discomfort.
- Titanium housing allows the paediGAV Valve to be made extremely small, but still have large flow paths to help reduce the risk of obstruction.
- Ultra-low profile and streamlined shape for fast and easy implantation and improved aesthetics.
- Available in different pressure combinations to help manage the complex needs of different patients.