Unique self adjusting gravitational valve for the treatment of adult hydrocephalus
The GAV Valve is a unique gravitational valve developed for the treatment of adult hydrocephalus, and is especially effective in treating active patients. The GAV Valve combines the advantages of the tried and tested ball-in-cone valve with the advantages of a gravitational unit in a single, streamlined design.
Features and Benefits:
- Unique gravitational technology provides increased resistance as patient moves upright, greatly reducing or eliminating overdrainage.
- Enables the surgeon to use different opening pressures for the supine and standing positions, managing overdrainage complications and patient discomfort.
- Titanium housing allows the GAV Valve to be made extremely small, but still have large flow paths to help reduce the risk of obstruction.
- Low profile and streamlined shape for fast and easy implantation and improved aesthetics.
- Available in different pressure combinations to help manage the complex needs of different patients.